Tips To Make Good Dissertation Or Thesis
Presenting a good dissertation or thesis for their degree or doctorate is the aspiration of students. It takes a lot of time and effort to prepare a dissertation that gains the approval of the examining faculty. Sometimes, even after a lot of hard work and weeks of research put in, the dissertation does not get the expected recognition because of overlooking some simple factors.
The following tips will help you present an impressive dissertation:
- A dissertation or thesis should always be prepared under the guidance and supervision of your supervisor
- The thesis should preferably be prepared based on a sample thesis. Your supervisor or guide will not always be available to discuss every aspect of the dissertation presentation. A sample thesis will give you information on format of thesis, wording, chapters etc. Sample thesis can be downloaded from many websites that also provide information and articles on preparing a thesis. This will be very beneficial for you to compile a good thesis or dissertation.
- Divide your thesis or dissertation into different chapters and sections. This will make for easy reading.
- Always stick to the subject matter of your thesis and try not to deviate from the main topic. This will ensure that your thesis is precise, clear and to the point. Avoid including data that is irrelevant to the main topic.
- Preferably, use simple language. Exploiting the thesaurus repeatedly and using big words may seem impressive but it does not really add any value to the dissertation matter.
- Be extra careful of grammar and spelling. A computerized check is helpful in eliminating obvious errors but it is also advisable to re-read the whole document to ensure there are no wrong uses of words. Many a good dissertation loses face because of simple grammatical errors
- The dissertation body must be well composed and well designed.
- Get the dissertation or thesis proof read before it is finally printed.
- Check every page after printing to make sure that the printing is clear and there are no smudges. Handle the printouts with care and clean hands. Do not let it get dirty
- Get the thesis professionally bound. It might be a little expensive but the end product will be worth the price. Most thesis for degrees require normal binding while doctorate thesis need hardcover binding. Check with your supervisor or university on the correct binding requirements.
A dissertation or thesis is the launching pad into a good career. Putting effort into its preparation will only yield good results. Good Luck!