Tips To Make A Good Podcasts
Podcasting started to attract attention in late 2004 and is now a rage among techies all over. A podcast is a series of digital media files that are released episodically and downloaded for viewing. But just because it's easy to make a podcast and anyone can do it, doesn't mean that anyone can make one with content worth viewing and which your viewers will want to download.
The following Tips To Be Observed While Making A Podcast Can Greatly Improve The Quality Of Your Podcast And Make It Download Worthy.
- Recording Equipment: It is advisable to use good quality recording equipment. A podcast with jarring sound disturbances will only make viewers want to unsubscribe rather than be subject to a poor quality podcast. Standalone microphones usually have a better sound quality, though many users prefer to use a headset microphone as it gives them the flexibility to move their heads. Choose a microphone most suitable for you.
- Distance: Maintain a standard distance between the microphone and your mouth to ensure that the sound volume does not vary during the recording.
- Editing Software: Always submit your podcast to heavy editing. Remove all unnecessary pauses, ums, ahs, sounds of coughing or clearing throat etc which will not only bore your audience but also increase the length of your video and the size of your file.
- Music: It's advisable to start and end your podcast with some music. Also using background music during the podcast gives it a theme and gets the podcast moving forward. There are lots of free to use, royalty free podcast music available on the net. Never use music which might cause copyrighting issues later.
- Background Noise: Record in a sound proofed room and ensure to eliminate all unnecessary background sound that will ruin the sound quality of your podcast.
- Theme: Maintain a common theme to your podcasts and make sure you tell a story. Keep the consistency throughout the podcasts and as this will keep the interest of your audience.
- Use help: Enlist more people while making your podcast. It is always interesting to hear a different voice or to have a different character in your podcast. It also gets the viewers' attention.
- Recording Volume: Most audio software have a recording meter that displays the volume level in real time. You may want to maintain the level around the -12db mark for best recording. Don't let it touch the infinite mark.
- Test it: Test the sound quality and background sound level before you start recording. It is also advisable to test all the equipment before recording.
- Get it Transcribed: There's still no Adsense like program that will help you make money from Podcasting. Secondly, search engines do not index MP3 files so you should always create proper shownotes in text to accompany your podcasts that will bring in the search traffic which may ultimately pay you.
Following these simple tips to make a educational and information laden podcast should easily turn you a highly download-worthy podcast guru.