Research Transcription Services
Avail free Digital Recorder offer!
Are you a Doctoral Student doing research that requires transcription?
Then stop writing and start dictating/recording interviews to save time and improve efficiency.
TranscriptionStar will give you Digital hand held recorder free of cost.
We have impressive track record of supporting University doctorate candidates and students pursuing Ph.D/doctoral programs in their Research interview transcription and editing. Over the years, we have mastered professional recording specifications and numerous formatting requirements.
We have specialist team which has accumulated knowledge base of various research disciplines. We have served most of the leading Universities in North America and Europe. We sign any confidentiality agreements as may be required and maintain compliance with regards to confidentiality.
To our credit, we have long list of University customers. Here is a partial list: (On request we can furnish contacts with communication details)
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Harvard University
- North Carolina University
- Regent University
- INSEAD Business School
- London Business School
- Princeton University
- University of South Carolina
- Seattle University
Services we have offered under Research Interview Transcription
- Question Answer Session Transcription
- Moderated Focus Group Discussion Transcription
- Seminar Transcription
- One on One Research Interview Transcription
- Class room Lectures Transcription
- Research Interview Transcription
Most of our customers approach us well in advance. We Guide them on recording equipment and project organization that saves them great amounts of time and money in both the short and long term. We provide secure storage of your transcripts. Our web-accessible client area is encrypted with 128bit SSL encryption and password protected. In addition, we can strip out any identifying materials from your transcripts to maintain subject anonymity
f you are just starting a project, we can provide advice on recording equipment and project organization that will save you great amounts of time and money in both the short and long term.
Research Transcription involves the transcription of research interviews, focus groups and other kinds of recorded interactions between experts or between researchers and their subjects .These interactions act as reference materials for research and are primarily used by university based professors and lecturers. Other than interviews and discussions, there are numerous other recorded interactions which have to be transcribed to assist research efforts. Research Transcription services is also used by people to transcribe interview recordings for preparation of an impending speech to be delivered.
The need for research transcription stems from the kind of research the department focuses on. Interviews and discussions hold greater significance for social scientists than for the researchers of pure sciences and engineering. Group behavior, cultural traits , consumer demand cycles etc. are some areas that social scientists deal with. Such areas make it necessary for the researcher to constantly obtain data from the relevant section of the populace and add to his repository of information. He may need to conduct focus group sessions to study the prevalent mood in the market. He may need to interview a local expert to get first hand information about a cultural setting the researcher is new to.
Even the physical sciences researchers(the pure science and the engineering ones) are no longer subscribing to what is called ivory tower research. They are now conducting interviews with other gurus in their domains and expanding their knowledge base rather than slug it out wastefully to re-invent the wheel.
All of these interviews have to be recorded for future reference. Moreover, these recordings have to be transcribed too.
The need for transcription of your recordings is as important as recording itself due to the following reasons:
- When most of your research material is in the form of books and other text matter, it's better to get the recording in text as well
- One can always refer the portion one needs when the reference material is in text.
- Nothing beats the convenience of transcripts for quick reference.
As you may have guessed by now, we have been in the business of research transcription for quite some time now. We understand what it takes to fulfill the high expectations of clients day in and day out. Many prestigious universities across the US have been receiving our transcription services since many years, which is testament to the reputation we enjoy in this field.
We believe that the customers who approach us shouldn't be straitjacketed into categories of cost benefit seekers or quality conscious ones. Our policy has been to deliver on four key areas that customers value and this applies to all our client
The areas are:
- Accuracy: Quality-wise, our transcripts can stand against the best in our domain of operation. We have been providing transcription services to highly sensitive sectors like medical transcription and legal transcription. Our experience in producing quality transcripts for these sectors is leveraged to replicate the same quality standards for other sectors. The result-Listen to what one of our client says about our transcription quality.
- Cost: We understand the constraints on spending by researchers and have rationalized the rating scheme to suit their needs. Cost has been our hallmark. Since we operate our transcription services from an offshore location, our operating costs are much lesser than your local transcription service which claims that it provides you with better quality for the higher price, but get their own transcriptions done from a low cost destination. Stop falling prey to such absurd claims and verify for yourself the quality that comes with our amazingly low price tag.
- Speed: Our speed of delivery is an icing on the cake for our customers. Once we take up a project, we are known to deliver it within the timeframe promised. We have specially categorized our services into two namely, Standard TAT and Rush TAT. Standard TAT transcriptions are delivered in 24 to 48 hours , for clients who have no hurry in getting the transcripts and hence, are charged accordingly. Rush TAT offers transcriptions with a turnaround time of 12 to 24 hours for clients urgently in need of the transcripts.
- Confidentiality: We value the confidentiality of our client's data and hence we have taken a number of steps to make the system foolproof against breach of data security. Moreover,our active participation in HL7 EHR Security and Privacy Issues has imparted us with an insight into upcoming data security threats.
Tips for Research Interviewers:
Avoid using micro cassette if possible. Your Research Interview sound quality will be extremely poor on these devices. Else, ensure that you record in 2.4 fps and not at 1.2 fps mode. Best and proven recording technique makes a huge difference in transcript quality.
Over the years we found that most audio submitted by researchers does not meet the professional recording standards due to following reasons:
- Poor Sound Quality (e.g. consumer tape recorder placed on table between interviewer and subject)
- Background Noise (e.g. interview recorded in cafeteria during lunch break)
- Heavy Accents (all interviews with non-American dialect English as First Language speakers are Type II)
- Mostly recorded on Micro cassette